Senator Bob Guida (R-Warren) has introduced legislation in the Senate that clearly and concisely defines Agritourism in the State of New Hampshire. Senate Bill 169 seeks to amend RSA 21:34-a II(b) as follows;
The marketing or selling at wholesale or retail, of any products from the farm, on-site and off-site, where not prohibited by
[local ]state or federal regulations. [ Marketing includes agritourism, which means attracting visitors to a farm to attend events and activities that are accessory uses to the primary farm operation, including, but not limited to, eating a meal, making overnight stays, enjoyment of the farm environment, education about farm operations, or active involvement in the activity of the farm.]
(6) Agritourism, meaning attracting visitors to a farm to attend events and activities, including but not limited to: dining; making overnight stays; weddings, family and organizational reunions, celebrations, memorial gatherings, and other social and family activities; enjoyment of the farm environment itself; education about farm operations; or active involvement in the activity of the farm. No local government shall make a regulation otherwise defining or restricting agritourism. This subparagraph shall preempt any local definitions or regulations of agritourism existing on the effective date of this subparagraph. Any such definitions or regulations are void and of no force or effect.
You can find more information regarding the bill @ the Public and Municipal Affairs Committee web page.
The Committee Meets in the Legislative Office Building, Room 102 and the committee members are;
- James Gray, Chairman James.Gray@leg.state.nh.us
- Ruth Ward, V Chairman Ruth.Ward@leg.state.nh.us
- Regina Birdsell Regina.Birdsell@leg.state.nh.us
- Jay Kahn Jay.Kahn@leg.state.nh.us
- Scott McGilvray Scott.McGilvray@leg.state.nh.us
The two most important things we as citizens can do right now is to
- Email these Senators and ask them to expedite the hearings SB 169 and make sure we let them know that we support this bill as introduced
- TELL THEM TO VOTE YES ON SENATE BILL 169 AS INTRODUCED!
SAVE OUR FARMS…STOP LOCAL LAND USE BOARDS FROM DESTROYING OUR FARMS!
OHB…keeping it real… making it easier for you to find the facts so you can draw your own conclusions…PEACE!