I have completed watching the Library Renovation propaganda and find myself very confused.
I believe I heard the presenter make a case indirectly for the need to make the “wonderful” attic space into a wonderful “ community” room that will not be part of the library.
Let’s see if I have the actual “ needs” identified…
1. A new handicap resource for accessing the main floor of the library due to the age and condition of the current wheelchair lift.
2. A new bathroom in a new location to provide safety for the children in the children’s library.
3. See #s 1&2
To meet these needs we are considering the following:
1. A three story elevator to provide handicap access to each floor including the “ community” room which we have no demonstrable need for now or in the foreseeable future.
2. Not one, not two, but three handicap accessible bathrooms. One on each floor.
3. Reconfiguring a part of the library so that those in the “community” room can’t access the library when the library is closed.
4. Revamping or replacing the HVAC system to accommodate the new space.
5. Reviewing and making adjustments to the traffic flow in the back due to the increased traffic resulting from the park renovation and the library renovation.
Of course, as a footnote, we hear that the considered renovations will require sprinkling the entire building. ( I’ve seen that done. The price will choke an elephant)
So, how about this solution to the actual concern…
1. Buy a new handicap lift and have it installed.
2. Turn the Librarian office on the Main Floor into a handicap bathroom.
Needs identified. Solutions obvious.
Let’s take this multiple million dollar boondoggle and flush it down the new handicap bathroom and spend the money on our roads that actually are a need and which everyone uses.
As a token, I offer the supporters of this ridiculous proposal a thousand dollar gift card to Paul’s Peyote Emporium where the can purchase enough to continue to hallucinate.
Tell me where I went wrong.
Thanks Owl…you are such a HOOT!
OHB…all the news fit to print…keeping it real… making it easier for you to find the facts so you can draw your own conclusions…..
“There are things public officials would never do if they thought somebody might call them out on it.”